RYA Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Offshore Theory
At Yachtmaster level you can enjoy using the skills developed in Day Skipper to plot longer passages. You'll also be able to work out if there will be enough water to stay in those cosy secret anchorages. It looks in more detail at everything, helping you to become more fluent with your chartwork.
Believe it or not, Yachtmaster Theory is actually easier than Day Skipper. But don't delay - you don't want to forget all you've learned!
"I wish I hadn't left it so long between my Day Skipper Theory course and my Yachtmaster course. It would have been much better to have done this the following year," said Doug.
What's new on the Yachtmaster course?
- More exact secondary port calculations to discover secret anchorages
- Calculate if you'll stay afloat through the range of tide - important in our local waters!
- Plan longer & more challenging passages - again a 'must' if you sail in the North West
- Greater knowledge of the collision regulations
- 3 assessment papers to complete during the course; meteorology, chartwork & col. regs.
Yachtmaster Theory is also a great opportunity to learn more about sailing & boating from the North West expert and award-winning instructor, John Parlane. He'll teach you things you just can't learn from books or an online course.
For those of you new to Bay Sea School, John is a Yachtmaster Instructor & RYA Examiner. That's top of the RYA instructor tree! It'll be worth those extra miles and now with the new Bay Gateway you'll get straight from the M6 to Morecambe in a matter of minutes.
Private courses & 1:1 tuition can be arranged. Contact us for more details.
Why choose Bay Sea School?
- Tuition from friendly Yachtmaster Instructor & Examiner plus RYA 'Instructor of the Year' - that's top-notch!
- Opportunity to complete Day Skipper & Coastal Skipper practical courses with John in Scotland
- Online facility provided by John for continuing study at home
- Additional evening workshops run throughout the year to keep in touch
- Continuity of learning from beginner to professional skipper over a full range of RYA courses
- Make new sailing friends
- Private own-boat coaching and 1:1 tuition also available
- Enthusiasm, support & guidance with all your boating dreams
Saturdays for 6 weeks
|Saturday 04/11/2017||Saturday 09/12/2017||12|